Friday 25 September 2009

Frustrating

I’ve been thinking further about the toy idea and reasons for this 'separation' of the two in love. I also decided to think about, if I were a toy what would scare me, on answering this question I couldn’t help but feel constantly piped to the post by Pixar and so am taking into account that in order to be original I will have to spend some time realising the storyline.






if I were a toy I might be scared of....

  • mean kids
  • babies
  • being broken or thrown away
  • lost of forgotten
  • returned

If I were a separated toy this may be because of...

  • being broken
  • lost
  • sold
  • in a display cabinet

I’ve also been thinking about a theme, and in my head and developing my ideas my characters have always been opposites. For instance I imagine the female character being very 'perfect' clean and pristine and the male character that she has fallen in love with, is dark and awkward and not what you'd expect. Once again this is very similar to Tim Burton’s style - how annoying. I’m going to research further into Tim Burton, although I already know quite a lot about his style I feel it may help me to develop my ideas further.






I want it to be the kind of romance that you know they are connected by love and that their appearances don’t matter. A bit strange and dark but illuminated by the flawless beauty of the female character - in toy terms of course!

Maybe the use to completely different toys, such as a clown and a china doll would be effective? I did venture out into D&A toys in Chatham and took some photos of their toy shelves for some more inspiration, and besides the funny looks from the employees I did get a few photos of china dolls. I also liked the shelves of countless toys as in the animation these could become like a stadium of eyes watching the pair in love.





i really like this doll ^



No comments:

Post a Comment