Thursday 14 January 2010

Well...

It took approximately 3 hours to re cache the ncloth spring geometry in my scene and after saving it and checking, double checking and triple checking my render info i clicked the dreaded batch render.

I did have a geometry reference object attached to my original spring which allowed the projected ramp shader i did want to use, to say projected correctly even when the spring moved, but due to Mayas endless attempts to get confused by the ncloth I'm trying to use Ive opted for a basic Lambert shader, the same as the arms. Its not what i wanted, but it fits and doesn't ruin anything, and to be honest id rather have a red spring than no spring at all. Poor old Jack!

The renders themselves have not yet started and I'm hoping that's because they're calculating not sleeping/dying....

I hope to set up a number of PCs this evening to get all of my rendering done by tomorrow. I will be using the PC room so ill need to be in at about 8.45/9am tomorrow to collect my renders, this allows me Friday for a problem to occur, and to set up some PCs to render over the weekend should i need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment